Your plants will love you!!
Most plants like consistent levels of moisture. This combination of a terra cotta plant nanny and bottle filled with water allow it to happen. Water from the bottle will slowly seep through the plant nanny providing consistent moisture at the root level.
Here's how it works (and it really does!!!)
- A plant nanny is inserted into the plant as far as possible near the roots.
- Fill the bottle with water.
- Cover the bottle opening with your fingers and turn the bottle upside down.
- Hold over the plant nanny, remove your fingers and let the bottle settle into the sleeve.
- Remove and refill the bottle when empty. The timing of this will vary by pot size, humidity, plant needs, etc. Generally about once a week to 10 days.